Sunday, December 3, 2006

Reading and writing is fun!

To tell everybody the truth, when I was young, I didn't like the English language much. I found reading and writing a chore. My mother had to sit me down beside her and read with me. If not, the most advanced books I would have read would be the Peter And Jane series. Our first book together was The Giraffe, The Pelican And Me. Still, even with all of my mother's efforts in getting me to pick up reading, we never finished the book. Of course my English suffered terribly under my inddiference. And it didn't help that I also found writing burdensome. Somehow or another, I still managed to get and A for my Primary School Leaving Examination. Man was I surprised!

Then I entered secondary school and got to know a few new friends who spoke and write well, and who read much. Under their company for just a mere one year, they influenced me to pick up these hobbies. And I'm glad to say that since then, my efficientcy at the English language has improved by leaps and bounds. Hurray! My English teachers were also very encouraging and instilled in me a great liking for the language.

By the end of my secondary school life, I got an A1 for English! Haha!

Now that I am so free, I read and write more substantially; hence the reason for me to start this blog. I am also planning to write a book about my life in my secondary school and hope to one day get it published. So if you do see my book on the shelves one day, please support me and buy a copy. I'll try and add substance to the book and make it as interesting as possible.

So for now, cheers!

No comments: