Monday, December 4, 2006

Please, stop the grunting!

Lately, after noticing that I have been slowly but surely getting rounder around the corners, I made the resolution of attaining a better healthier me! Hurray! So for the past few weeks I have made much concious effort to go down to my condominium gymnasium and excercise for at least one hour, trice or four times a week. The equipment there is more than adequate for myself, since I would just be riding the bicycle most of the time. (I cannot do the treadmill because of my medical condition).

Not half an hour ago I just returned from another strenuous day at the gym. I experienced something that I just have to put up on my blog. This is more of an appeal to those people who are avid weightlifters.

While I was about twenty minutes into my bicycling, and listening to Rachmaninoff's third Piano Concerto on my hand phone's MP3, I suddenly heard a thunderous grunt booming from the back. Obviously I got quite a big shock! This grunt was superceeded by another louder one, and then another, subsequent grunts following a crescendo.

To give readers an estimate of the apocalyptic amplitude of the sound waves rivabrating through the gym, I will mention that my music was played very loudly and up till then I could not hear anything else. The purpose of the loud music was because I had previously been traumatised by other grunters and so have learned my lesson.

Until just now when I have met the king of grunters.

Seriously speaking, I don't even see the minutest point of grunting while training. Why? When I do weights, my whole body is so tensed up that I cannot even summon enough remaining strenght to let out a squeak, let alone grunt.

Dosen't it seem a tad bit inconsiderate?

I sincerely hope that I do not meet such horribly loud people in the future anymore. That guy who grunted, I later found out that he was merely a guest in this condominium from the guest book. I hope that he dose not come anymore. I really cannot stand such things!

For my last words, I'll like to brighten myself up. So to Jason Oh, cheers!

No comments: