Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Promanade is fun!

Yesterday I was busy preparing for my promanade night, and so did not have the luxury of time to post anything on my blog. So here I am now giving readers a description of the wonderful night I had. Well, at least some parts of it.

I was one of the first few to arrive at the Pan Pacific hotel, the venue for the prom. That was around seven, and the doors to the ballroom would only open at 7:45. So I just lingered outside and enjoyed my friends' company and also the cocktail party. (If coke, F&N orange and sprite can be considered cocktail, since most of us were still quite young.) We took a couple of pictures and caught up with each other.

Finally, at 7:55, we could eventually enter the ballroom. After taking our seats, the emcee gave his opening words. In my opinion, the guy should seriously consider changing jobs. He was totally unengaging and the people were not listening to him most of the time. Perhaps the batch is a difficult one to handle and the emcee should not hold all the blame, but he really was a tad bit too pathetic.

Anyway, the first course arrived shortly after that and my table dug straight in for we were all terribly hungry. Soon, it was time for the nominations of the prom king and queen. The nominees were nonsensical and mediocre. This was because their friends wanted to make a fool out of most of them. There was a hillarious part where a guy was nominated to be prom queen! Too bad I wasn't nominated or I would have won! Haha!

The night continued with more foor, games, laughter and lameness from the emcee. But what really turned me off for the night were the performances. Instead of having it civilised, the organisers got our own students to perform! Hence, the items turned out to be neanthethalic and downright distasteful. I have previouly expressed my great dislike and objections to such noisy and awful music, and yesterday was a classic example of such rubbish. I got annoyed and frustrated, and so did a few other people. I decided to give them face by staying, but some other not so tolerent ones went out of the ballroom for the duration of the performance. Sigh!

On a happier note, the rest of the event was pretty much enjoyable. It's a great pity that I didn't win any lucky draws. There were such good prizes! Most of the girls were so unrecognisable behind thei thick make-up, and they looked fabulous. One of the highlights of the evening was that I managed to take pictures with many of the beauties! Once I find out how to upload the photos from my phone to the computer, than I'll let all of you see the shots.

On the whole, the food was borderline meeting expectations. I was hoping for better, but that was another disappointment. The best part was being able to meet up with classmates again. It wasn't a perfect night, but it was definately a memoriable one! Cheers!

No comments: